Position: Manager – Business Development
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
About the Business Development team
The Business Development team is a central function at Adam Smith International that works to identify and secure programmes for the firm to implement. We specialise in the design and delivery of high quality programmes in Economic Growth and Government Reform, operating across Africa, South Asia, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and the Americas.
About the role
The Manager will be based in New Delhi. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing an opportunities’ pipeline: identifying new business opportunities of relevance to Adam Smith International;
- Delivering, and managing teams to deliver, inputs to proposals for new business, including:
- Scoping new business opportunities, and providing analysis, synthesis, and recommendations on if and how Adam Smith International should pursue the opportunity;
- Authoring and reviewing written proposals for new business, such as programme strategies, delivery methodologies, and implementation workplans;
- Devising and presenting commercial proposals for new business, such as programme budgets and costed workplans; and
- Identifying and building relationships with consultants and partner organisations, including negotiating agreements.
- Managing key stakeholders and building and developing client relationships;
- Supporting technical and geographic teams in scoping markets and developing proprietary Adam Smith International offerings; and
- Collating and centralising knowledge/material to contribute to the development of proposals.
- A postgraduate degree in economics, political science, international development, business management, or other relevant field from an internationally recognised university;
- Work experience in a consultancy, development, or a relevant field;
- Demonstrate a track record of successfully delivering complex multi-year advisory programmes and business development;
- Be willing to travel;
- Demonstrated experience of using initiative, client-orientation, risk taking, and working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication, inter-personal, and team-working skills;
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio;
- Outstanding written and spoken English. An additional language would be an asset; and
- You must be eligible to work in India.
What We Offer You
This an exciting fixed-term opportunity for 12 months with a leading international development firm. We provide a dynamic and progressive environment with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally.
Promising candidates may also have opportunities to work in different offices of Adam Smith International following the successful completion of the 12 months.
Ready to Apply?
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) and short cover letter with the subject line ‘Manager – BD’ to email@example.com. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Deadline for Applications will be 14th December, 2021.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration.
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. # We’re Happy to talk flexible working.