Position: International Development Senior Manager
Service area(s): Asia Pacific
Fixed-Term: Two year contract
Adam Smith International (Australia) Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Adam Smith International. It was established in February 2012 as the company’s Asia Pacific regional office, responsible for leading business development and project delivery across the region. Current locations of operations outside Australia include Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea (PNG), Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Vietnam. ASEAN more broadly is serviced by a regional hub in Thailand.
Headquartered in Sydney, the company’s Asia Pacific office is responsible for the management of our portfolio of projects funded by the Australian Aid Programme (managed by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade), the New Zealand Aid Programme (managed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and other donors. Our team is engaged in business development, project management and consulting activities across a range of sectors including private sector development, governance, agriculture and agribusiness, human development, extractive industry regulations and infrastructure development.
About the role
As the Senior Manager you will be an integral member of Adam Smith International’s Australia team, working on various aspects of the Asia Pacific portfolio. You will play a fundamental role in our operating model, managing the delivery and performance of programs and contributing to our engagement strategies in the region as well as business development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead project management on large DFAT-funded programs.
- Support in-country teams and technical advisers, including performance management of advisers and quality assurance of deliverables.
- Support implementation of Programs and development approaches including providing technical know-how and support to advisers and partner government agencies.
- Lead on Business Development opportunities in the Asia Pacific region, including identifying, bidding on, and securing new contracts with DFAT and other development partners. This may include taking a lead role in recruitment of the team, writing key technical proposals, developing financial proposals, negotiating contracts and other duties as required.
- Line management of project management team members as required.
- Contribute to knowledge management and learning activities.
You will have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- A degree in a relevant field (a post-graduate degree is highly desirable).
- Experience in the engineering and infrastructure spaces preferred.
- Significant experience in consulting, preferably in strategic development consulting within the international development sector.
- A strong understanding of both the private and public sectors, preferably in developing countries.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced, high volume and strategic environment.
- Outstanding project management, people, team and communication skills with the ability to engage with multi-cultural talent and a broad and diverse set of stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic career and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of award-winning international programs. Attracting the right people to work with us, and supporting their performance, development, and well-being is key to ASI’s success and to our impact in the countries where we work. Our culture champions diversity and inclusion and we live by our values. We offer a unique benefits package and support for flexibility.
ASI is committed to continually improve the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
We are keen to hear from you.* Please submit a CV (no more than three pages) and a one-page covering note telling us why we should hire you in an email with the subject “Senior Manager Application” to Kate Coulman at firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 February 2021.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. A full position description will be provided to those candidates.
*You must have the permanent right to work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Adam Smith International values a diverse workforce and encourages applications from candidates of all background, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.