Position Title: Climate Change Senior Manager
Over the past decade ASI’s Climate Change Practice has built a reputation for delivering high quality, high impact, innovative and transformational climate change programming. We aim to facilitate low-carbon, resilient growth and empower vulnerable communities to adapt to changing climate conditions. We have led a large number of mitigation and adaptation programmer globally for bilateral and multilateral development partners in the UK, Europe and North America in the last 20 years.
Our areas of expertise – and our British and international expert networks – cover climate policy, climate finance, enabling environment reform, renewable energy (wind, solar, geothermal, hydro, and storage), transport, sustainable urban development, climate-smart agriculture, climate-resilient infrastructure, and communications. We have delivered climate changes programmes in South and Southeast Asia (India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Myanmar), Sub-Saharan Africa (Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique) and the Middle East (Jordan).
About the role
Senior Managers perform a fundamental role in ASI’s consulting model and play a central part in managing project technical and financial delivery as well as in leading business development. Senior Managers should have technical and sector knowledge and demonstrated ability to build productive relationships with people from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, to work effectively in politically sensitive and physically challenging environments, and ability to work well within a team environment. Senior Manager are confident and capable in leading business development activities and bring established relationships with donor organizations and freelance consultants/subcontractors to the company. They have proven ability to generate new business opportunities for ASI and convert these into contracts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering projects under management in line with ASI values to ensure high standards of delivery and accountability reflected in annual reviews, KSM scores, audits, and financial management;
- Leading winning climate change pursuits in areas of expertise;
- Providing leadership and management for key projects under management;
- Developing thought pieces to generate work and provide articles for media;
- Managing and mentor junior project managers to deliver high quality deliverables.
You will have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- A degree in a relevant field (a post-graduate degree is highly desirable)
- Experience winning and developing climate change opportunities
- Experience in building and leading effective teams
- Significant experience in policy, international development or project management
- A proven track record of crafting and winning competitively tendered proposals. Outstanding written English a must, other languages an asset
- Experience working in Africa, South Asia, post conflict environment a plus
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic career and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of award-winning international programs. Attracting the right people to work with us, and supporting their performance, development, and well-being is key to ASI’s success and to our impact in the countries where we work. Our culture champions diversity and inclusion and we live by our values. We offer a unique benefits package and support for flexibility.
ASI is committed to continually improve the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognize that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
We are keen to hear from you. Please submit a CV and cover letter to Nick.Haslam@adamsmithinternational.com and Jacquilline.Ngowi@adamsmithinternational.com with the subject “Climate Change Senior Manager” by 1 September 2021.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. A full position description will be provided to those candidates.
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, color, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.