Position: Assistant Manager
Location: Delhi, India
Duration: 12 months with the opportunity to progress to Manager
This is an exciting time to join Adam Smith International and become part of a team of bright, dynamic and committed people, determined to transform lives for the better. Company-wide, both our pipeline of business opportunities and portfolio of programmes are growing. We want to recruit high calibre candidates to support the continued growth and delivery of our global portfolio against the quality and high ethical standards that we and our clients require.
Based in Delhi, Adam Smith International (India) is expanding and is looking for ambitious individuals to join our team. We are leaders in the delivery of national and state level development programmes on behalf of donors and strategic assignments for private firms and foundations. We also provide critical business development support to the wider company to secure new and exciting business.
About the role
Adam Smith International (India) is seeking to recruit a Business Development Assistant Manager in New Delhi. In this fixed-term entry level position, successful candidates will be responsible for supporting the growth of Adam Smith International businesses across geographies, technical areas and clients. Specifically, candidates will play a critical role in the development of proposals, knowledge management and building networks to drive the expansion of the firm.
In this role, you will be expected to:
Support business development
- Proactively look for business development opportunities aligned to our service offering.
- Work closely with colleagues based remotely to support in the development of high-quality proposals, including technical report writing, commercial proposals and staffing.
- Develop client presentations articulating our service offerings.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from colleagues globally for detailed research and produce this independently to a high-quality standard.
Lead knowledge management
- Maintain and update Adam Smith International’s knowledge management products through liaising with colleagues across the world.
- Respond to client requests for statements that demonstrate Adam Smith International’s capability in specific technical areas.
Build networks and contribute positively to the regional team
- Build Adam Smith International’s network of associates globally through identifying key experts in the fields of economic development, infrastructure, education, governance, market systems development, etc.
- Support team members in the region and globally as required.
Contribute to Project Management
- Support the management of the successful delivery of projects to terms of reference, time, quality, cost and donor and Government satisfaction. This will include assistance in the following areas of project management:
- Quality assurance
- Risks & issues
- Client relationships
- Maintain awareness of and conversance with political economy and key topics in priority countries.
- Build strong working relationships with the project team.
- Strong writing and editing skills in English, and an ability to write well under time pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams based remotely.
- Relevant high-class degree in Economics or a Social Sciences related subject with excellent academic record. Ideally Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- A demonstrable interest in international development or development economics is desirable.
- An ability to write incisively about issues in varying thematic areas.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- You must be eligible to work in India.
What We Offer You
This an exciting entry level fixed-term opportunity for 12 months with a leading international development firm. We provide a dynamic and progressive environment with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally. We encourage recent graduates to apply.
Promising candidates may also have opportunities to work in different offices of Adam Smith International following the successful completion of the 24 months.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages), alongside a short cover letter identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team, why you are motivated to apply and relevant industry experience (if applicable).
Please submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “BD Assistant Manager, Delhi” by 14th December 2021. Only shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.