Duration: Up to 5 years
Position: Technical Adviser
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Adam Smith International (ASI) is a global advisory company that works locally to transform lives by making economies stronger, societies more stable, and governments more effective. Our clients are governments, international organisations, companies, and foundations. They come to us to develop strategies and to design, deliver and evaluate programmes that address the big challenges facing the world. As a company with experience of delivering lasting results, including in fragile states and where there is conflict, we are prepared to manage a high level of risk to achieve our purpose.
ASI is seeking candidates for technical experts for an upcoming USAID-funded agribusiness development activity.
The purpose of this project is to strengthen the agribusiness ecosystem and identify and implement innovative, market-driven, cost-effective solutions to increase the income of vulnerable households and communities in targeted regions of Liberia. The project will enhance selected value chains, strengthen related market systems and foster inclusive, resilient growth and improved nutrition outcomes.
Work is expected to begin in the summer of 2022. These positions are contingent upon the contract being awarded to Adam Smith International.
Career opportunities include the following:
- Agribusiness Development Technical Adviser
- Business Development Services Technical Adviser
- Investment Facilitation Technical Adviser
- Private Sector engagement across agriculture and non-farm industries Technical Adviser
- Trade Facilitation Technical Adviser
- Access to Finance Technical Adviser
- Business Enabling Environment Technical Adviser
- Gender Inclusion and Diversity Technical Adviser
- Workforce Development and Job Creation Technical Adviser
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing written inputs and quality control of all technical reports and plans
- Supporting Chief of Party in developing annual workplans that cover both livelihoods and conservation works;
- Providing mentoring and coaching to team members, including highly specialized technical staff, to deliver against the annual workplan
- Liaise with ASI colleagues to coordinate the inputs of gender and inclusion, monitoring and evaluation and other advisory inputs to provide cross-cutting support
- Support identification of research priorities which are of highest benefit to the programme and its stakeholders
- Quality assure research deliverables from team members and consultants
- Other duties as required.
Timing and level of effort
The role will start no earlier than summer 2022. ASI is seeking both long- and short-term technical advisers.
- Advanced degree in a field related to the specific technical discipline
- Substantial experience in the related technical area, including in the private sector
- Experience with USAID and/or any other international donor-funded project preferred
- Experience living and work in West Africa strongly preferred
- Fluency in English
Ready to Apply?
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 31 January 2022. Please reference “Technical Adviser, Liberia” in the email subject line. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Liberian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.