Position: Senior Risk and Assurance Officer – SSF
Location: Nairobi, Kenya with some travel to Somalia
The Somalia Stability Fund (SSF) is a multi-donor fund working towards a peaceful, secure, and stable Somalia. It offers Somali stakeholders a source of multi-year funding that can respond to local needs and opportunities. The Stability Fund aims to contribute to enhancing stability in Somalia through the following programmatic outputs:
- Fault-lines for political conflict (FGS-FMS, inter & intra state) are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Enhanced popular participation in governance, particularly for women and excluded communities
- Increased government visibility and community engagement
- Reduced community vulnerability to conflict
The Senior Risk and Assurance Officer will provide support and oversight through individual investments and across the allocated investment portfolio ensuring that fiduciary risk and due diligence work streams are proactively delivered and managed.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support and manage the implementation of policies and procedures in relation to SSF Risk Assurance;
- Actively undertake SSF fund audits and assurance processes including spot checks, compliance reviews, internal and external audits, due diligence and capacity assessments and quality checks;
- Ensure there is appropriate follow up with investees/grantees on the due diligence and capacity assessment recommendations and ensure they are actioned and appropriately evidenced where necessary;
- Carry out trainings and capacity development initiatives to investees/grantees based on the capacity assessment gaps identified from the due diligence and capacity assessment;
- Work with the Finance Team in identifying fiduciary risks, impacts and any appropriate mitigation strategies;
- Undertake periodic investment asset verification, update the asset register and lead the asset disposal processes;
- Support the preparation of the monthly risk and assurance reports as well as monthly investment-level risk reports;
- Take part in Risk Management Unit team meetings and other meetings as required; and
- Undertake any other activities related to the SSF risk assurance as may from time to time be directed by the Risk and Assurance Manager.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Risk Assurance Reports
- Due diligence and capacity assessment reports
- Investment close out reports including asset and inventory disposal reports
- Other deliverables as requested by the Risk and Assurance Manager.
Senior Risk and Assurance Officer will report to the Risk and Assurance Manager.
- Degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics or related field;
- Minimum five years’ experience in the risk assurance, internal audit, external audit or related field;
- Three years’ experience in Somalia or other fragile country and environment;
- Substantive knowledge and prior experience working on DFID and/or other donor funded programmes and projects;
- Essential IT skills inclusive of MS Office and demonstrated experience working with spreadsheets e.g. MS Excel; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with people from multi-cultural backgrounds.
If you meet the above criteria please send a cover letter and your CV (maximum of 4 pages)
to Recuit@stabilityfund.so, “Senior Risk and Assurance Officer – SSF” in the title of your email.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to disqualification