Position: Head of Program Delivery and Performance
Type : Long Term (3.5 years)
Location: Bangkok City, Thailand
Partnerships for Infrastructure (P4I) is Australia’s new flagship infrastructure initiative for Southeast Asia. The goal of this regional initiative is to contribute to quality infrastructure development that drives inclusive growth in Southeast Asia.
P4I has three core themes: infrastructure planning and prioritisation; procurement; and sector policy and regulation. It will also focus on the crosscutting issues of climate change, disaster risk reduction, gender equality and social inclusion. P4I will provide flexible support to Southeast Asian partner governments (Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam) and ASEAN through government-to-government partnerships, high-calibre private sector advisory services, and knowledge-sharing and networking activities.
P4I commenced in December 2020 and will operate initially for three and a half years (2020-21 to 2023-24). It will be delivered collaboratively by One Team comprising DFAT and four Delivery Partner organisations (Ernst and Young, Adam Smith International, The Asia Foundation and Ninti One). Under this model, the Executive Director (a DFAT officer) and Delivery Partner personnel will function as a single team. This will include a core team located together in the P4I Hub in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Head of Program Delivery and Performance will work closely with the Executive Director to manage the delivery and performance of P4I to a very high standard. The position is responsible for developing and implementing the Program’s performance management architecture, and enabling practices and systems. The position will oversee the operations of the P4I Hub and enable the Program to operate effectively under the One-Team model to achieve Program objectives.
The Head of Program Delivery and Performance is a member of the senior management team in the P4I Hub, and has a leadership role in the strategic and activity governance of the Program. It is an international designated full-time position located in Bangkok. This position is open to both Thai nationals and international applicants.
The responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
Performance and risk management
- Lead the development and implementation of P4I’s performance function to encourage a performance-driven culture towards the achievement of the Program’s goal and end-of-investment outcome.
- Lead the development and implementation of P4I’s risk management function to create a culture of shared risk consistent with the One-Team model, including preparation of the Risk Management Plan.
- Working closely with the M&E Adviser, oversee the development and implementation of P4I’s monitoring, evaluation, research and learning (MERL) function to support a culture of learning and adaptation within the Program, including finalising the initial MERL Framework and driving post-COVID updates as appropriate.
- Lead the preparation of program-wide performance outputs and reports for submission to the P4I Board, including Work Plans and Program Performance Reports.
- Ensure P4I’s Service Delivery Framework is updated as needed so that it remains useful and well-integrated in P4I’s overall performance and risk management functions and governance arrangements, and support the finalisation of the first Program Operations Manual.
- Support Delivery Partner organisations in the delivery of P4I’s service delivery functions, including integration of GESI and DRRCC approaches.
- Identify innovative ways to monitor the performance of Australian government partners to generate information that is useful to the Program, as well as to these partners.
Partnership, governance and operations
- Support the finalisation of the Partnership Charter between DFAT and Delivery Partners organisations to formalise the One-Team model and partnership arrangements, and monitor the Charter’s ongoing suitability to P4I’s delivery.
- As a member of the P4I Program Management Group (PMG), participate in regular PMG meetings and contribute to strategic and activity-level decision making under the Program.
- Represent the Program at meetings, workshops and other learning and networking activities.
- Oversee P4I Hub operations, including managing long-term operations personnel providing the following services: research, communications, finance and procurement, logistics, and risk management (including security / duty of care, PSEAH, fraud and corruption).
- Maintain a strong and motivated operations team within the P4I Hub, ensuring effective capacity building, mentoring and performance assessment so that personnel consistently deliver support and services of the highest quality.
- Support effective communications and dissemination of Program information, including overseeing the preparation of P4I’s Communications and Public Affairs Strategy, strategic communications and research to promote SEAEGIF’s brand and profile, and communication and analytical products for DFAT and other Program stakeholders.
- Working with ASI, support the development of key program management products and tools, including the Operations Manual and Environmental and Social Management Framework.
Other Program strategies and plans
Working with DFAT, Delivery Partners organisations and technical personnel, support the development and implementation of the following Program strategies and plans:
- Risk Management Plan
- Service Delivery Framework
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning framework
- Country/ASEAN Engagement Plans
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Action Plan
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change (DRRCC) Action Plan
- Regional Learning and Networking Strategy
- Sustainability and Capability Building Strategy
- 15+ years of senior management experience in the development and implementation of complex multi-sectoral programs;
- Experience in a developing country context essential; experience working in South East Asia highly desirable;
- Outstanding performance history as Team Leader and/or senior manager with demonstrated capacity to lead and coordinate large, multi-location teams;
- Demonstrable technical knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation and/or Project Management, with additional technical knowledge in any of the following areas highly desirable – Infrastructure Planning and Economics, Organisational Development, Gender and Social inclusion and/or Government Policy
- Knowledge of key cross-cutting issues and their application in infrastructure development programs, particularly gender equality, social inclusion and climate change;
- Demonstrated experience producing a strong evidence base for results reporting; and
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive relationships with critical stakeholders including governments/departments, the private sector and DFAT and other bilateral/multilateral-funded programs.
The Head of Program Delivery and Performance will report to:
- P4I Executive Director on a day-to-day basis in managing the delivery and performance of P4I.
- ASI Focal Point on matters related to ASI’s project management, performance and employment.
On an annual basis, the position is required to prepare an individual Annual Work Plan and undertake an Adviser Performance Assessment.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit a CV and a short covering note in an email with to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, due to high application volume, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications close 4 February 2021.