Position: Fund Management Adviser – BEP
Background of Programme
The Brazil Energy Programme is a 3-year programme aimed at increasing the role that renewable energy plays in meeting Brazil’s energy demands through making renewable energy affordable and accessible to the economically disadvantaged. As a Prosperity Fund project, the Brazil Energy Programme also needs to focus on areas where the UK energy sector has strong comparative advantages that can act as a focal point for UK-Brazil energy co-operation.
The objectives of the programme are to increase competition in the natural gas sector, accelerate offshore wind development, support growth in solar power and waste to energy and to incentivise innovation in energy storage solutions. The modality through which the Brazil Energy Programme will deliver on these objectives include:
Implementation of 9 pilot projects to demonstrate new and innovative UK and international technologies in the Brazilian context to stimulate investment and demonstrate ‘what works’.
Advise on effective management of the BEP grants in order to maximise impact.
Period of Performance
Expected start in February 2021 through to the end of the programme in March 2023
The Adviser is required to deliver the following activities:
- Networking with investors and companies working in the areas of renewable energy where uptake of technology is targeted
- Advise on approach to identification of pilot opportunities and grant partners
- Coordinate with R&D partners and organisations in Brazil to identify opportunities for BEP
- Design and oversee the monitoring plan and monitoring resources for BEP’s grants
- Identify and deliver opportunities for commercialisation and scale up of BEP pilots, for example through new clients or further R&D funding
- Support incubation planning for grant recipients to ensure Incubation Plans are aligned with organisational needs and BEP objectives
- Coordinate with BEP consortium partners in the delivery of incubation support to BEP grant recipients
- Coordinate with the Regulation and Policy BEP team to ensure activities are aligned to deliver BEP’s objectives
- Coordinate with BEP partners, including federal, state, municipal and multilaterals to deliver and scale up pilots
- Work with the Operations and Finance Manager to administer grants, including contract management, disbursements, due diligence.
- Reporting progress to FCDO on the delivery of the pilots
- Identify risks associated with the delivery of the pilots, develop and implement mitigation strategies
Review progress of delivery of the pilot workstream and oversee dissemination of lessons learnt.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) and short cover letter with subject headline “Brazil – Fund Management Adviser” to email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 22nd January, 2021.
Adam Smith International is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to consider all applicants regardless of colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability.