Position: Bangladesh Adaptation, Mitigation and Environment Programme
Adam Smith International is currently preparing for the tender of a UK FCDO funded Adaptation, Mitigation and Environment Programme in Bangladesh. This programme is expected to go to tender in 2022 and is expected to run for a duration of five years.
The programme will address:
- Challenges communities face due to climate impact;
- De-risking investments in clean energy space;
- Off-grid and on-grid renewables and energy production;
- Solid waste management and plastic recycling;
- Disaster management and climate risk planning.
The programme will deliver on the technical areas identified above through support to government policy and planning processes, building institutional capacity in the climate change and environment sector, and working through partnerships and unlocking climate finance/green investments.
Required Skills & Experience
ASI is currently recruiting national and international specialists to design and deliver this programme. We are looking for experts in the following technical areas:
- Renewable energy;
- Building resilience;
- Biodiversity and nature-based solutions;
- Pollution management;
- Waste management;
- Gender equity and social inclusion;
- Government and institutional capacity building.
The following experience is strongly preferred:
- Experience and knowledge of Bangladesh’s climate change landscape;
- A track record on development partner programmes, especially UK FCDO funded programmes;
- Knowledge of international and regional best-practice in climate change and environment management;
- Demonstrable experience engaging government, business, finance and civil society counterparts to influence policy and unlock barriers to investment and business;
- Excellent written and presentation capabilities in English (fluency in Bangla would be an advantage).
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit an up-to-date CV (max 3 pages), brief motivation statement and your expected consultancy fee rate (GBP per day) to ClimateChange@adamsmithinternational.com with the subject line “Bangladesh – Consultant”. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.