EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: TECHNICAL SERVICES – DEVELOPMENT OF GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT PORTAL (CLARIFICATIONS)
In reference to the Expression of Interest: Technical Services – Development of Government Procurement Portal, published 21st April 2021, the following queries with respective clarifications have been received:
1) We wanted to get the clarity, if the non – EU company can go for this RFI or not?
Clarification: Non-EU member states firms are eligible to express their intent to participate in the present Expression of Interest.
2) Its financial capability and resources: What are all the documents expected to be received from our side?
Clarification: The documents may be commercial folders or prospects or resumes of similar/equivalent projects executed in the past (preferably the last 3 years), indicating the value of the project and/or the number of experts involved, and any additional information considered relevant by the firm. In case the firm is short listed an invitation to present technical and financial proposals, based on the terms of reference remitted to the short-listed firms will be remitted to the firm.
3) its technical capability and resources (equipment and manpower resources): what are all the documents expected to be received from our side?
Clarification: These may be commercial folders and prospects used to present the firm to the market, which inform the technical capabilities and resources the firm possesses is sufficient. In case, the firm is short listed, the terms of reference remitted the short-listed firms will require complementary information for the final valuation process.
4) present the CVs qualified for the execution of the task: How many CV’s should be submitted as part of our response?
Clarification: The number of CVs to be presented depends on the experts that the firm counts on in the field of website/portal development and implementation. In case the firm is short listed it will be invited to present the CVs of the team related to the technical and financial proposals that the firm proposes to address the requirements and results set out in the terms of reference remitted to the short-listed firms.
5) Can you please let me know, on which portal the clarification of the RFI will be published.?
Clarification: updates through the links below.
The clarifications will be posted on the ASI website. Please also note that the date for submitting clarifications has been extended to 3rd May after which all clarifications will be posted.
6) The date of submission is still the same 7th May? Please confirm.
Clarification: Yes. It is.
7) Is this REOI for design and implementation of the system, or just the consulting work to design a system in anticipation of a future tender of an e-GP solution?
Clarification: It is the development of a website (designed as portal) to render information to stakeholders (suppliers, external financiers of the Federal budget support, internal and external auditors etc.) involved with procurement executed by the Federal Government of Somalia. It is not intended to be an end-to-end e-GP (electronic procurement) system. The portal needs to meet the needs of uploading and downloading of documents in secure format, provide security and controlled access, as well as auditing. It may become part of the front end/office a future e-GP solution, in case funding is available. But there’s at present no assurances that this will be the case.