Position: Deputy Team Leader
Location: Goma with travel to Provinces, DR Congo
ABOUT THE ROLE
Élan 1.2 (www.elanrdc.com) is a complex, two-year, £8 million market systems development programme in the DRC, running from July 2019 to July 2021 (with a possible extension to July 2022). It has a project team of around 30 staff, based in two field offices delivering interventions with various companies, associations and government agencies in multiple provinces across the country.
Élan 1.2 follows a “market systems development” approach (also known as the “Making Markets Work for the Poor” (M4P) approach). This approach seeks to develop and promote sustainable and scalable solutions to systemic constraints in markets that prevent poor producers and consumers from benefiting from their participation in them. The programme is also engaged in several interventions to tackle the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
ASI is seeking an exceptional candidate to replace the departing Deputy team Leader and play a leading role in the delivery of the remainder of the programme.
- To provide support to the Team Leader in the overall strategic and technical leadership of the project.
- To ensure efficient, timely and effective implementation of interventions and continuing development of the intervention portfolio.
- To ensure high-quality deliverables and support the achievement of overall project results targets.
- To take personal responsibility to lead, manage, motivate and develop project staff under her/his line management, encouraging their commitment to project objectives, and meeting their personal development needs.
- To support effective coordination and collaboration between teams and individuals within the project.
- To develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders involved in project governance and delivery.
- Along with the Team Leader and other members of the Senior Management Team, to represent the project, raising awareness and understanding of its work among influential stakeholders and decision makers.
- To support the development and management of knowledge and lessons, suggesting solutions/refinements to the programme approach.
- To encourage and support innovation and excellence across the project.
- To update the Team Leader directly on emerging or outstanding programmatic risks and assist in designing mitigation measures.
TIMING & DURATION
- The position is full-time based in Goma (with travel to Kinshasa and field locations), from January 2021 until July 2021
- The successful candidate is expected to be mobilised no later than January 2021
- There is a potential of a 1-year extension (part-time, until July 2022) pending FCDO’s approval of programme extension
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above criteria please send a covering letter and your CV (maximum of 3 pages total) to email@example.com referencing ‘Deputy Team Leader – ELAN’ in the title of your email.
Deadline for applications will be December 4th, 2020
Due to the large volume of applications we receive only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ASI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continually improve the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.