Data Analyst – Brazil Energy Programme
Main Duty Station and Location: Home based (Brazil)
Mission/s to: As and if required
Start of Contract (EOD): June 2020
End of Contract (COB): June 2021 (renewable)
Number of working days: 12 months in part-time basis
Adam Smith International is the Delivery Partner of the Prosperity Fund Energy Programme in Brazil (BEP).
The Brazil Energy Program (BEP) is a 34-month programme that will provide technical assistance and fund management to support the Brazilian government and the private sector to accelerate growth in renewable energy and clean energy technology. The Program is financed by the UK’s Prosperity Fund, which is dedicated to supporting the adoption of technology and regulatory innovations that can help unlock potential in emerging economies and accelerate progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Among its duties, ASI is due to deliver a complete MREL System consisting on tools and instruments for Monitoring, Reporting, Evaluating and Learning on BEP´s Progress.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Data Analyst (DA) will integrate the project team and will work in close cooperation with the Monitoring, Reporting, Evaluation and Learning (MREL) Manager. S/he will assist the development and tracking down BEP´s performance indicators by collecting, compiling analyzing and interpreting data generated by the project or project partners. S/he will report directly to the MREL manager and at a higher level, to the Programme Director and all other BEP´s leadership governance.
More specifically, the DA is expected to assist the MREL manager in the following activities:
- Produce a manual for BEP´s MREL system
- Identify trusted public data sources and other sources of information for collecting high quality data related to indicators
- Support the establishment and maintenance of a data storage system with the required security and stability for accessing trusted data
- Data collection and storage processes that can ensure the safety and timely delivery of reports
- Develop analysis models and analytical tools for measuring project developments and progresses
- Data processing and report production
- Support development and application of a knowledge management system, with registration forms, analysis, collection, dissemination and use of lessons learned from all team members
- Strategic liaison with stakeholders
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The advisor must demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
Fully proficiency: Databases and data analysis softwares (Access, SPSS, SPHINX, Survey Monkey), Internet browsers, Word processing, Excel (spreadsheets), Power point. Proven competence in one or more of the following data analysis softwares:
- PowerBI or QlikSense
- Python or R programming;
- SPSS, Sphinx, Access
- HTML, CSS or Java Script.
MREL Technical Knowledge:
- Project management concepts, with focus on social and economic development projects
- Social and Economic Project Evaluation – concepts and uses
- Performance Indicators – general concepts and uses
- Ability to draft, edit and produce meaningful reports from the data analysis
- Desirable knowledge on Energy data basis and indicator
- English and Portuguese language required (Fluent, verbal and written).
- The data analyst must develop good relationships with the project team and core stakeholders, possess oral communication and drafting skills, and willingness to work individually as well as part of a team.
Education: A qualified professional with a university degree in the fields related to the activities to be carried out, e.g. business administration, statistics, economics, information technology (IT), engineering or other relevant discipline with preferably a specialization in databases analysis.
Technical and Functional Experience:
- Proven experience in data analysis, with at least 3 years of experience in data mining and analysis.
- Ability to draft, edit and produce meaningful reports from the data analysis.
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) and short cover letter with the subject headline “Data Analyst – Brazil Energy Programme” to
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
Deadline for Applications has been extended to COB 15th June 2020
Adam Smith International is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to considering all applicants regardless of colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.