COVID 19 Grants Manager – ELAN RDC
ÉLAN RDC is a multi-year market development programme funded by the UK Government (UKaid) and implemented by Adam Smith International. It aims to raise the incomes of over 1 million poor people across DR Congo by tackling systemic constraints that are holding poor people back from entering, or justly benefiting from, markets. It applies a smart approach to improving the way the private sector works to achieve far-reaching, sustainable change.
Recently, the programme has pivoted funding to counter the impact of COVID19 on the Congolese people. A number of grants and guarantees will be disbursed to partner institutions and MSMEs to promote economic stability, continuation of services, and stabilize prices.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Monitor and report a grant portfolio, issuing payments to partners and ensuring compliance with local laws and tax compliance.
- Process local invoices and communicate with programme partners.
- Oversee value for money on procurement throughout the COVID19 portfolio, analysing local suppliers in order to maximise the funding for interventions and beneficiaries.
- Develop a grant management system and procedure.
- Support technical teams in administration and financial duties in an unpredictable and challenging implementation environment.
- Produce monthly reports on disbursements for the Senior Management Group and client, developing value for money measures and dashboard reports to monitor disbursements.
- Support project managers and technical leads in preparing forecasts.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Advanced University Degree in finance and administration
- At least 3 years of experience in audit & financial management
- Excellent attention to detail and able to work in a structured and methodical manner
- Capacity to be trusted on sensitive financial matters and ensure confidentiality
- The ability to work independently and devise new reporting metrics for the client.
- Dynamic and energetic team player able to build good relationships with team members
- Working experience with donor and bi-lateral agencies
- Good oral and written communication skills in French and English
LOCATION, REPORTING & MANAGEMENT
- This position is based part-time in Kinshasa with some travel to the provinces in which the programme operates.
- The COVID19 Grants Manager will report to the Senior Programme Manager.
HEARD ENOUGH? READY TO APPLY?
Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) and short cover letter with the subject headline “COVID19 Grants Manager – ELAN RDC” to email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
Deadline for Applications is COB 11th June 2020
Adam Smith International is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to considering all applicants regardless of colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.