Position : Travel and Events Coordinator
Duration : Long-term, full time (initial phase to June 2024)
Location : Bangkok, Thailand
Salary : THB 50-60,000
Partnerships for Infrastructure (P4I) is the Australian Government’s flagship infrastructure initiative for Southeast Asia. It partners with Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to foster inclusive growth through sustainable economic infrastructure (i.e. transport, energy, telecommunications, and utilities).
Delivered through a single cohesive team, the initiative is led by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in collaboration with EY, Adam Smith International, The Asia Foundation and Ninti One. The Program’s Head Office is in Bangkok (the Hub).
P4I focuses on infrastructure prioritisation and planning, policy and regulation, and procurement and project preparation (P4I does not finance the delivery of infrastructure). All services aim to address gender equality and social inclusion, and disaster risk reduction and climate change issues. P4I can respond to rapid requests, but ultimately aims to develop longer-term infrastructure engagement.
Further information about P4I is available at www.partnershipsforinfrastructure.org
The Travel and Events Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Operations Manager and the operations team to provide operations support and to lead on the travel and event management functions for P4I to ensure safe, flexible, and responsive program implementation. The Travel and Event Coordinator will organise conferences, events, study tours, social events, and diplomatic missions.
The Travel and Events Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the administrative, safety and security and logistical operations of the program run in accordance with operational guidelines and standards.
The position holder will:
- Assist with operations, procurement, and financial activities in line with P4I Operations Manual.
- Support the Operations Manager to develop and review the policies and procedures for efficient travel and events operations as detailed in the Operations Manual and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide travel support for P4I activities where required, including flights, accommodation, local transport, and provision of travelling allowances.
- Maintain a database of preferred logistic, translation, photographers, catering, and related providers across the locations P4I works regularly.
- Lead on arranging visas, work permits and other government requirements for program staff.
- Assist program staff with meeting security and safety requirements including providing safety and security briefings, assisting with security risk assessments, assisting with travel request forms, and tracking staff movements.
Assist with workshops, conferences and functions as required by the program, including:
- Liaise with stakeholders to find out their exact event requirements
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, staffing and budgets)
- Procure venues, suppliers, and contractors
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (including venue, catering, printing, translation, and transport)
- Liaise with stakeholders to coordinate invitations, attendee lists and VIP management
- Manage all pre-event planning, coordinating guest speakers and delegate packs
- Coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget
- Ensure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
In undertaking all the above, the position will operate as part of P4I’s One-Team, contributing to well-coordinated planning and delivery across all members of the Delivery Partner organisations.
This position is open to Thai nationals only.
- Completion of secondary education. A relevant university degree is preferred (PR, Hospitality, Hotel Management)
- Extensive experience in booking and managing travel and event logistics for businesses and/or donor-funded programs.
- Proven experience as event manager
- Experience with Australian Aid funded projects / international development policies and procedures is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English and Thai.
- Working proficiency in additional South East Asian languages would be beneficial.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to take initiative with limited oversight.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit a CV and a short covering note in an email, with format “[Candidate Name] – Travel and Events Coordinator” to email@example.com.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications for P4I positions, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
This position will be hired through Adam Smith International (ASI). ASI is committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention, and development of a diverse range of talented people. Women, people with disabilities, Indigenous and ethnic minority groups, and nationals of P4I’s partner countries are encouraged to apply. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.