Position: Stabilisation Advisers (Civil-Military Cooperation) – Lake Chad Basin
Background of the Assignment
Adam Smith International is seeking to build a roster of advisers with expertise in stabilisation and Civil Military Cooperation for long term deployments across Chad/Senegal/Niger/Cameroon/Nigeria based on programme need. We expect a number of programme positions to become available in the near future and on an ongoing basis over the next several years. Candidates are encouraged to submit a CV if they wish to be considered for such roles in the future. We particularly encourage female candidate to apply.
Please note the responsibilities outlined below are indicative only; specific terms of reference will be shared with interested candidates
ASI is running a programme supporting stabilisation and civil military cooperation across the Lake Chad Basin region. As part of this programme, we are supporting deployments to UNDP country offices/national windows of the Regional Stabilisation Facility, a multi-country UN stabilisation fund, as well as to the Multi National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) to support civil-military cooperation, effective information sharing and coordination relationships with Senior Military Officers within MNJTF and other National Military Forces.
- A minimum of 8 years working on international peace and security issues, ideally with direct experience of stabilisation programme design and implementation
- Experience of working in conflict environments, ideally in support of local government or security providers in meeting the needs of vulnerable populations
- Experience of leading planning and the technical development of peace and security interventions, ideally at a sub-national level
- Working as part of a multilateral approach to peace and security, in close coordination with leading donor nations
- Direct experience of civil-military relations and effective ways to encourage security actors to cooperate with each other and with local government and civil society
- Must be fluent in English and French
- Experience in the Lake Chad Basin region or the Sahel
- Experience working with the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
If you meet the above criteria please send your CV only (maximum of 3 pages total) to LCB@adamsmithinternational.com referencing the position (s) you are applying for in the title of your email. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.