Position: SharePoint Expert for Knowledge Management
Duration: Short-term consultancy
Location: Preferably Bangkok, Thailand (Open to applicants residing in Australia and P4I’s partner countries like Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Timor-Leste, Vietnam)
Reports To: Knowledge and Engagement Lead
Closing Date: 22 October 2023
Partnerships for Infrastructure (P4I) is an Australian Government initiative partnering with Southeast Asia to drive sustainable, inclusive, and resilient growth through quality infrastructure. P4I partners with Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
P4I works with partners to strengthen infrastructure decision-making and practice across the transport, energy, utilities and telecommunications sectors. P4I’s focus is on the early stages of the infrastructure lifecycle, including planning and prioritization, financing strategy, and procurement.
The 4 main services offered by P4I are linkages with Australian government agencies and other institutions, technical and policy advice, infrastructure project advice and knowledge-sharing and learning. As the foundation of quality infrastructure, P4I also integrates gender equality, disability, and social inclusion, and disaster risk reduction and climate change considerations into all activities.
Delivered through a single team, P4I is led by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in collaboration with EY, Adam Smith International, The Asia Foundation and Ninti One.
P4I has a regional program office in Bangkok, with staff also located in Australia and each partner country.
More information about P4I is available at www.partnershipsforinfrastructure.org
The consultant will lead the development of a knowledge repository to support P4I’s knowledge management objective. The consultant will report to the Knowledge and Engagement Lead and will be expected to develop a close working relationship with the Knowledge and Learning Team in supporting their program functions where relevant and providing ad hoc assistance where issues arise. This role offers the opportunity to transition into an enduring, ongoing arrangement for as-needed SharePoint support within P4I.
Applicants with the right to work in Thailand are preferred for this position. The IT Consultant for Knowledge Management will preferably be based in the Program’s Head Office in Bangkok. Consultants based in other P4I countries and Australia will also be considered.
The position holder will be responsible for:
- Creating a SharePoint Knowledge Repository for efficient storage, categorisation, search and retrieval of P4I Knowledge Products (e.g. briefs, case studies, technical presentations, technical papers, etc)
- Organizing the repository’s structure, which should provide a user-friendly interface and be optimized for efficient navigation.
- Updating meta tags to facilitate effective content organization and retrieval.
- Integrating the repository with existing SharePoint system i.e. ‘Activity Tracker’ and online knowledge hub on the P4I website
- Coordinating with K&L team to link existing SharePoint folders to the knowledge repository
- Implementing advanced search filters and search options to enhance user experience
- Setting up user access controls and permissions to ensure appropriate levels of access for different user groups
- Providing a recorded training and support to P4I staff on how to access, use and contribute to the SharePoint repository effectively
- Monitoring the repository’s performance and addressing any technical issues
- Developing a comprehensive manual of the repository’s design, configurations and operational procedures.
- Relevant degree/diploma qualification in Computer Science/engineering or IT Administration
- At least 3 years’ experience in IT support and 2 years’ experience in SharePoint development
- Experience in SharePoint framework, building sites in hybrid environments, developing and administrating
- Experience in using Power Automate
- Experience in creating online databases
- Experience building and/or maintaining collaboration sites and/or programs
- Proficiency in Office365 products
- Experience in using Drupal for website applications is strongly preferred
- Strong English proficiency is required
- Excellent liaison and coordination skills with demonstrated ability to (a) operate effectively in a complex, multi-stakeholder organisation and (b) work effectively with a wide range of external stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative with limited oversight.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit a CV and a short covering note in an email with subject “[Candidate Name] – [Position Title]” to email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm (Bangkok time) on Sunday the 22 October 2023.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications for P4I positions, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
This position will be recruited through Adam Smith International (ASI). ASI is committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention, and development of a diverse range of talented people. Women, people with disabilities, Indigenous and ethnic minority groups, and nationals of P4I’s partner countries are encouraged to apply. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.