Program Analyst – GEDSI
Duration – Long-term, full time (initial phase to June 2024)
Position Location – Bangkok, Thailand
Reports To – GEDSI Lead
Partnerships for Infrastructure (P4I) is the Australian Government’s flagship infrastructure initiative for Southeast Asia. It partners with the governments of Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to foster inclusive growth through sustainable, quality infrastructure in transport, energy, and telecommunications. P4I fosters organisational linkages, provides technical, policy and project advice, and supports knowledge and learning in Southeast Asia for example through policy, dialogue, research, and training.
P4I focuses on the ‘enabling environment’ of infrastructure development: prioritisation and planning, policy and regulation, and procurement and project preparation. P4I does not finance the delivery of infrastructure. P4I prioritises gender equality, disability, and social inclusion (GEDSI), and disaster risk reduction and climate change (DRRCC) across its work.
Delivered through a single team (the ‘One-Team’), the initiative is led by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in collaboration with four organisational Delivery Partners: EY, Adam Smith International, The Asia Foundation and Ninti One. The Program’s Head Office is in Bangkok.
Further information about P4I is available at www.partnershipsforinfrastructure.org
This position is open to Thai nationals only.
The position will:
- Support the GEDSI team to effectively plan, coordinate, manage and monitor the implementation of GEDSI across P4I services and activities. This includes activities where GEDSI is the primary focus as well as those where it is an integrated aspect.
- Use P4I’s activity management system through SharePoint, PowerBI, and PowerAutomate to support GEDSI integration and monitoring.
- Monitor compliance with program process and information management requirements, including:
- Undertaking quality assurance of program and activity data in SharePoint to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of information, and
- Ensuring activity proposals comply with information requirements.
- Monitor and report on progress of GEDSI team activities against workplan.
- Provide secretariat functions for meetings. This includes scheduling meetings in coordination with all participants, preparing agendas, drafting meeting minutes, and monitoring and reporting on action items.
- Contribute to ad hoc updates and briefings requested by P4I Program Executive, DFAT Posts, or DFAT Canberra, and the GEDSI team.
- Provide ad hoc research, analytical support and support to special projects as required.
- Contribute to planning (including preparation of Annual Workplans) and reporting (including preparation of Program Performance Reports).
- Provide internal updates and information to the One-Team as requested.
- Other tasks as assigned.
In undertaking all the above, the position will operate as part of P4I’s One-Team, contributing to well-coordinated planning and delivery across the Delivery Partner organisations.
- Qualifications and professional experience in a relevant discipline (preferably in international development, economics, management, or social sciences).
- Excellent knowledge of standard office software and experience with database applications strongly preferred (e.g. Sharepoint, PowerBI and PowerAutomate).
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing a range of tasks under tight timelines with competing priorities.
- Excellent liaison and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address challenges confidently and proactively.
- Prior experience, training or education related to gender equality, women’s empowerment, disability and social inclusion will be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit a CV and a short covering note in an email, with format “[Candidate Name] – Program Analyst – GEDSI” to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Tuesday 6 September 2022.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications for P4I positions, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
This position will be hired through Adam Smith International (ASI). ASI is committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention, and development of a diverse range of talented people. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity. Women, people with a disability and members of marginalised ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.