Position Title: Macro-Fiscal Adviser
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Adam Smith International is currently building a database of macro-fiscal/ economist expert for a potential assignment.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Macro-Fiscal Adviser’s main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work with macro-fiscal units to improve fiscal analysis skills, roll out budget framework papers, align macro-fiscal assumptions, improve own-source revenue/IGFT forecasting
- Support to the consolidation of assessments of the general performance indicators of economic outlook
- Support to monitoring of progress, identification of potential challenges in the macro-economic field, underlying causes and remedial actions and their follow-up to ensure maximum performance;
- Provide recommendations on areas of improvements including on coordination mechanisms within the ministry and with other institutions in relevant areas to accelerate PFM reform process
- Facilitation of administrative reform dialogue through studies, on-demand analytical work and logistical support;
- Contributing to macroeconomic model building, forecasting and scenario analysis.
- Drafting macro-fiscal analysis and research documents as required
- Provision of specific training of the macro fiscal team on reporting with focus on economic and fiscal outlook
Key Competences and Expertise
- Degree qualification in economics or in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, including some experience in the public sector
- Experience in fragile states, preferably in Somalia.
- Fluency in the Somali Language
- Political awareness, technical skills and ability to work in complex operating environments and Fragile and Conflict affected states
- Ability to deliver technical advice and effectively work with government counterparts.
- Ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge of using initiative and being client oriented
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and team-working skills.
- Ability to develop/manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of working to the highest ethical standards.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills;
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Excel and/or any other spreadsheet software
- Ability to work as part of a team, an aptitude to effectively transfer technical knowledge and maintain effective and cooperative relations with national authorities and donors, as well as capacity to handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment.
Specific Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in PFM;
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Policy;
- Proven experience in carrying out similar assignments;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships government institutions, and development partners;
- Computer proficiency (including word processing, spreadsheets);
All interested applicants are requested to send the cover letters and CVs to this email. firstname.lastname@example.org or before 06 November 2023.