Position Title: Government to Government (G2G) Operations Coordinator
Long term/Short term: Full time (initial phase to June 2024)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reports to: G2G Adviser
Closing Date: 14 November 2023
Partnerships for Infrastructure (P4I) is an Australian Government initiative partnering with Southeast Asia to drive sustainable, inclusive, and resilient growth through quality infrastructure. P4I partners with Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
P4I works with partners to strengthen infrastructure decision-making and practice across the transport, energy, utilities and telecommunications sectors. P4I’s focus is on the early stages of the infrastructure lifecycle, including planning and prioritisation, financing strategy, and procurement.
The four main services offered by P4I are linkages with Australian government agencies and other institutions, technical and policy advice, infrastructure project advice and knowledge-sharing and learning. As the foundation of quality infrastructure, P4I also integrates gender equality, disability, and social inclusion, and disaster risk reduction and climate change considerations into all activities.
Delivered through a single team, P4I is led by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in collaboration with EY, Adam Smith International, The Asia Foundation and Ninti One.
P4I has a regional head office in Bangkok, with staff also located in Australia and each partner country. More information about P4I is available at www.partnershipsforinfrstructure.org
The Government Partnerships Program Coordinator is responsible for providing program, operations and coordination support to the government-to-government (G2G) portfolio, under the direction of the G2G Adviser and G2G Partnerships Manager. The G2G portfolio is at the heart of the P4I delivery model and is core to delivering on the objectives of P4I.
The purpose of the G2G portfolio is to establish meaningful, long-term relationships between Southeast Asian and Australian Government officials and build a self-sustaining community of inter-government infrastructure professionals. As the workstream continues to rapidly expand, additional support is required to ensure P4I’s outcomes and ambitions of the G2G portfolio are met.
The Government Partnerships Program Coordinator will lead on the event coordination and stakeholder/attendee management. This involves streamlined and responsive G2G activity implementation and support to incoming and outgoing G2G partners to have a positive experience.
The position will also support the administrative functions of the portfolio, provide ad-hoc project support, and assist with monitoring and reporting. The position holder will support the organisation of events, study tours, social events, and diplomatic missions. Based in the head office in Bangkok, the role will work closely with the operations team, including the Senior Operations Manager and Travel and Events Coordinator, as well as the regional engagement team.
The anticipated salary is 70,000 – 100,000 THB/month or equivalent.
The position holder will:
- Support the G2G Adviser with the coordination and administration of activities, events, and operations of the G2G portfolio.
- Liaise closely with regional stakeholders to support event coordination and attendee management.
- Liaise closely with the Australian Embassy or Mission in each country as appropriate on government protocol for G2G travel, workshops and events.
- Deliver logistics services, including managing bookings, flights, travel, and undertake simple procurements etc.
- Support coordination of G2G activities, such as workshops, events, study tours and government missions, including scheduling meetings, liaising with regional government stakeholders, and coordinating with event and travel suppliers.
- Support the administration and documentation requirements for G2G activities, including development of briefing notes, briefing packs, agendas, biographies, schedules, and other communications material required to support G2G activity implementation.
- Maintain a register of G2G travel and events and produce reports to assist forward planning and program evaluation.
- Coordinate with the operations team to:
- provide travel support for G2G activities where required, including booking flights, accommodation, local transport, and provision of travelling allowances
- utilise a database of preferred logistic, translation, photography, catering, and related suppliers across P4I countries to assist with implementation of events and activities in the G2G portfolio
- other government requirements for G2G team members and G2G partners when required.
- Support the G2G Adviser to develop and review the policies and procedures for G2G travel and events operations, in coordination with the P4I operations team, including assisting with security risk assessments, travel request forms, and tracking staff movements.
- Assist with workshops, conferences and functions as required by the program, including overseeing all facets of program-related events, from planning and coordinating with stakeholders and suppliers, ensuring compliance with relevant obligations, troubleshooting on event day, to evaluations after an event for future improvements.
- As directed, undertake other administration and coordination tasks which support the G2G team to deliver in line with its objectives.
This position is open to Thai nationals only. Please only apply if you are a Thai National
- Completion of secondary education. Relevant university degree is preferred (PR, Hospitality, Hotel Management)
- Extensive experience in booking and managing travel and event logistics for businesses and/or donor-funded programs.
- Proven experience as event manager.
- Experience with Australian aid funded projects and/or international development policies and procedures is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English and Thai.
- Working proficiency in additional Southeast Asian languages would be beneficial.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to take initiative with limited oversight.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit a CV and a short covering note in an email, with format “[Candidate Name] – Government Partnerships Operations Coordinator” to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm (Bangkok time) on 14 November 2023. Due to the high volume of applications for P4I positions, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
This position will be recruited through Adam Smith International (ASI). ASI is committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention, and development of a diverse range of talented people. Women, people with disabilities, Indigenous and ethnic minority groups, and nationals of P4I’s partner countries are encouraged to apply. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.