Title: Financial Management Adviser
Project: Roads for Development Phase 2 (R4D2)
Duration: Long Term: 20 months (10th October 2022- 30 June 2024)
ARF Level: C3
Location: R4D2 Head Office, Port Vila, Vanuatu
Reports to: Team Leader
Manages: Two locally employed staff supporting and reporting directly under the post
R4D2 is a 5-year (2019-2024) transport infrastructure support program funded by the Government of Australia (GoA) through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to support the Public Works Department (PWD) under the Ministry of Infrastructure and Public Utilities (MIPU). The program is focused on improving and maintaining national road access for rural and urban populations.
R4D2 is seeking a Financial Management Adviser
The responsibilities of the Financial Management Adviser will include the management of Financial and Operational requirements of R4D2, the Public Financial Management requirements of PWD in relation to the activities of R4D2 and the management of R4D2 Direct Funding Arrangement, but not be limited to, the following key tasks:
Project finance and operations
- Manage R4D2 financial management functions including accounts payable duties and review/verification of invoices for correct authorization, administration of petty cash, payroll processing, recording data in the program financial system, organizing payments based on appropriate supporting documentation, and financial reporting.
PWD Public Financial Management Requirements
- Lead the development, facilitate, and provide advice on the PWD annual budget process
- Strengthen the internal controls of PWD Finance following the findings in the DFAT PFM Assessment conducted in 2019.
Management of Direct Funding Arrangement
- Provide support in the development of the ProMIS in partnership with the MIS Adviser using the SmartStream as data source.
- Supervise the transition of all support provided to the finance operations of MIPU/PWD to effectively manage, control, account for and report on their financial resources and assets
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant qualifications for financial management, ideally with a focus on transport infrastructure or roads;
- Demonstrated experience in managing financial systems that are compliant with DFAT and GoV requirements, strong familiarity with DFAT and GoV financial reporting requirements and Public Financial Management Systems;
- Demonstrated experience supporting financial management on infrastructure/roads programs and government financial systems, with at least 5 years’ experience undertaking these projects, ideally in the Pacific or similar settings;
Please submit your application with the subject ‘Financial Management Adviser R4D2’ to email@example.com
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the TOR selection criteria and an up-to-date CV.
Adam Smith International is an equal opportunity employer - women and candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as well as Ni-van, are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Tuesday 16th of August 2022 at 11:50pm AEST.