Project: EU Facility Supporting Policy Dialogue and Technical Assistance in Iraq
Location: Iraq, based in Baghdad
Duration: 36 months; expected start from late Q1/Q2 2022.
Description: The specific objective of this assignment is to strengthen public institutions and develop capacities for policymaking, planning and implementation in view of engaging with non-state actors, responding to citizens’ needs and contributing to general socio-economic development including domestic revenue mobilization.
Within this framework, the purpose of this contract is to provide on-demand technical assistance (TA) open to all Government entities targeted by EU interventions in Iraq through EU Special Measures and the EU multi-annual indicative programme 2021-2026, as well as technical assistance directly to the EU delegation and support to the EU delegation for policy dialogue
Key Areas of TA Support: As part of this tender, in addition to the core Key Expert profiles, we are looking to build a roster of consultants to be included in the proposal with the aim to provide short-to-medium-term expertise across the following sectors of activity:
- Institutional support to Public Administration Reform (PAR) and decentralisation/local governance.
- TA and capacity building support to formulate, reform and implement sector strategies.
- Institutional support to the Judiciary.
- Institutional support to the Parliament.
- Technical advisory to Civil Society (enhancing civic space).
- EU Delegation-driven analytical/research, mainstreaming of conflict sensitivity/gender/rights-based-approach in EUD portfolio, organization of seminars/conference on EU areas of
- EU budget support
General Requirements for Key Expert and Non-Key Expert positions:
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in public administration, governance, law, political sciences, diplomacy, policymaking; or 4 years’ equivalent professional experience in relevant fields (in addition to the general and specific experience criteria).
- Professional fluency in English; knowledge of Arabic will be an asset.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in PAR, policymaking, policy dialogue, regulatory reform, accountability and/or related governance planning and programming.
- Experience delivering EU programmes / with EDF procedures.
Specific professional experience (one or more of the below):
- Capacity building to formulate, reform and implement sector strategies.
- Institutional capacity building for government, judiciary, parliamentary or other public institutions; local government institutions; and/or civil society groups in good governance.
- Professional experience in designing, planning and facilitating public policy dialogue activities/ sessions involving civil society actors.
- Professional experience in Iraq and/or the MENA region, transition economies and fragile and post-conflict states.
- Expertise in conflict analysis; human rights; gender; and/or legal drafting.
- Professional experience in PFM; domestic revenue mobilisation; and/or EU budget support.
- Professional experience in EU communication and visibility activities.
How to apply: please send your latest CV (preferably in EU format), areas of expertise, and expected daily rate in EUR to Recruitment.EU@adamsmithinternational.com by 30 November 2021, and include “[Insert your name] – EU Facility Supporting Policy Dialogue and Technical Assistance in Iraq” in the subject line. We will get in touch with the tender dossier should your experience align with the final requirements.