Position Title: Project Manager
Grade: PM1 – PM2
Team: Asia Pacific
Reports To: Head of Mongolia
Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Position Type: Part-time
The Government of Mongolia and the Government of Australia have partnered for the AMEP 2 to assist Mongolia to sustainably manage its resource-led growth. The end of program outcome of AMEP 2 is to improve the investment environment for the extractives sector in Mongolia. AMEP 2 is working towards this goal by developing partnerships with relevant government ministries and agencies, professional associations, the private sector and civil society. AMEP 2 is funded by the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and implemented by Adam Smith International (ASI). The program will be implemented until 31 March 2023.
The Position and Responsibilities
This Project Manager position will play a key role in the management of the AMEP 2 activities and will be responsible for the financial and operational performance of the program. Working closely with the Line Manager, he/she will ensure that the company meets its contractual obligations to DFAT. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the program activities are completed on time, within budget and to the quality standards expected by Adam Smith International and clients;
- Support the Line Manager in the successful program financial management e.g. preparing budgets; forecasting and monitoring expenditure; reviewing and processing invoices;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the program stakeholders including DFAT counterparts and representatives from the government, private sector and civil society;
- Preparing and reviewing Terms of Reference for AMEP 2 sub-projects and job descriptions for new consultants;
- Identify and recruit consultants on AMEP 2 activities; negotiate rates and scope of inputs;
- Manage contracts including conducting proper due diligence and background checks, issuing and monitoring contracts;
- Work planning and task scheduling; management of resources for the program;
- Quality assurance of program outputs e.g., reports, presentations, briefing notes;
- Ensure that the program management and operations are in compliance with ASI and DFAT policies; and
- Take on other ad-hoc tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Progressively responsible program management experience, including managing program teams; prior experience of working on international development programs is preferred;
- Minimum Bachelors level degree in relevant field. Masters level degree preferred;
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget, finances and forecasting;
- Ability to build effective, credible client relationships and networks including a range of multicultural stakeholders;
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Mongolian, including report writing and presenting information, along with strong editing ability
- High degree of organisational ability, including working well under pressure, with a high level of accuracy, and ability to understand complex areas of work; and
- Top notch computer skills including the full Microsoft suite, especially Excel. Experience with databases, project management software, and accounting software an advantage.
How to Apply
Adam Smith International kindly invites interested individuals to submit their applications (cover letter and detailed CV in English) to email@example.com. The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, 20th August 2021.
Please note – This is a locally recruited part-time position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.